Southwest Territory ACG Materials – DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
ACG Materials, a Norman, Oklahoma based national company is seeking a building products sales professional to represent an established but growing brand of gypsum floor underlayments and levelers to multi-family and concrete renovation contractors. Construction background a must, underlayments/leveling experience a plus. The sales professional will be assigned to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory by effectively selling the company’s building material products. Personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers via sales calls, appointments and marketing efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sells and promotes building material products by interacting with established customers and allied contacts such as architects, design engineers, and general contractors within assigned territory, and by developing new prospects.
- Delivers exceptional customer service to both direct customers and allied contacts; develops and maintains relationships with multiple positions within the organization.
- Prepares and delivers technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Provides technical and non-technical support and services to clients or other staff members regarding the use, installation, and maintenance of equipment; answers questions and assesses
- onstruction needs to recommend product use; provides troubleshooting assistance for installation issues that arise on the jobsite.
- Develops and implements a sales plan for assigned territory and works to meet or exceed established sales quota.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions and assists with marketing initiatives.
- Works closely with clients during all phases of the sales cycle.
- Quotes prices and credit terms, prepares sales contracts for orders obtained, and coordinates account set up, shipping schedules and delivery of merchandise.
- Follows up with customers to ensure timely delivery or product and to collect payment when necessary.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Must be personable, highly organized, punctual and capable of effective, efficient multi-tasking.
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to detail.
- Uses good judgment. Works with integrity and ethically.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and confident with a strong desire to succeed.
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work weekends and/or evenings.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1-3 years previous building products sales experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Travel 70%
Attractive base compensation + bonus + vehicle.
Please include salary/commission history then applying: