About Art Wilson
For over 38 years, Art Wilson Co. has successfully mined, processed, marketed and transported bulk industrial minerals. Art Wilson Co.’s reserves of calcium sulfate include several million tons of anhydrite, a form of gypsum that is of a higher purity in calcium sulfate than the gypsum produced by our competitors. These reserves at the Adams Claim Mine in Carson City surpass six million tons, and the company has additional calcium sulfate reserves of more than eight million tons approximately sixty miles to the east. The company also has about 300 thousand tons of limestone reserves in Carson City and more than 20 million tons of limestone at two other locations.
In 2015, Art Wilson Co. was purchased by ACG Materials of Norman, OK. With access to new resources, Art Wilson Co. continues to mine and distribute the highest analysis calcium sulfate products available, as well as calcium carbonate and iron blending prills. Art Wilson Co. has served its customers for over sixty years, and still focuses on offering personalized customer service.
Art Wilson Co. has its own transportation unit supporting customer deliveries throughout the region. It also has a rail siding on a Union Pacific track, referred to as Appian, located approximately 30 miles east of the Adams Claim Mine. These assets allow the company to take advantage of whatever mode of transportation best fits our customers’ needs.
Art Wilson Co. currently markets its fertilizer products to an extensive distribution network consisting of turf and ornamental dealers, farm supply co-ops, private commodity brokers, international distributors, and several farm supply dealers who also transport and spread our products.
The Art Wilson Co. provides quality soil amendments and fertilizers, including Cal-CM Plus Calcium Sulfate and Cal-CM Plus Limestone featuring Rapid Release Technology.
Art Wilson Co.’s Cal-CM Plus products are superior to competitive products in the market for several reasons.
First, our anhydrite-based products are guaranteed 100% gypsum equivalent analysis (23.28 % Calcium and 18.62 % Sulfur), making them superior to all standard gypsum products. The value and efficacy of the Cal-CM Plus, Calcium Sulfate and gypsum blend is directly related to its industry leading percentage of Calcium Sulfate.
Second, all prilled products, including Cal-CM Plus Limestone, have been ground to an extremely fine consistency prior to prilling. Our unique Rapid Release Technology facilitates quick, uniform release of the available nutrients to the soil and plant. Finally, all Cal-CM Plus products are listed with OMRI (the Organic Materials Review Institute), and are suitable for use in certified organic production.
Cal-CM Plus Calcium Sulfate
Art Wilson Company Cal-CM Plus Calcium Sulfate is primarily used to loosen compacted and heavy clay soils, and to amend and reclaim soils with high sodium content. See Agronomic Benefits for more details.
Mini Prilled Calcium Sulfate (SGN 125)
Standard Prilled Calcium Sulfate (SGN 260)
Solution Grade Calcium Sulfate
Cal-CM Plus IRON 50% Fe
Cal-CM Plus IRON (50% Fe) is a concentrated, slow-release, non-staining Iron product. IRON (50% Fe) is formulated and sized for bulk blend fertilizer applications. IRON (50% Fe) is used in customized prescription fertility blends for precision applications. Iron is used for the formulation of chlorophyll, which promotes deep green color and improved root structure.
Standard Prilled IRON (50% Fe) (SGN 230)
Pelletized for ease of spreading and dust control. Ideally suited for blends used on golf course greens and tees, in general agriculture and gardening, on lawns and in landscape and ornamental applications. Sizing allows for a uniform spreading with standard application equipment.
Safety Data Sheet – Standard Prilled IRON (50% Fe) (SGN 230)
Cal-CM Plus LIMESTONE
Cal-CM Plus Limestone products are derived from a pure calcitic limestone with no detectable magnesium. Cal-CM Plus Limestone is primarily used for neutralizing acidic soils (low pH), thereby improving uptake of essential plant nutrients. Cal-CM Plus Limestone is finely ground for more rapid release into the soil. Our Rapid Release Technology process finely grinds the CaCO3 to uniform particle size with 100% passing through 100 Mesh. This process allows for a greater total surface area and aids in accelerating the correction of soil pH problems and increases the availability of nutrients.See Agronomic Benefits for more details.
Mini Prilled Limestone (SGN 125)
Standard Prilled Limestone (SGN 260)
Agricultural Grade Bulk Calcium Sulfate
Safety Data Sheet – Bulk Calcium Sulfate
Agricultural Grade Bulk Limestone
Product Information – Bulk Limestone
Safety Data Sheet – Bulk Limestone
This Material Registration Certificate documents that this product has been verified to comply with the USDA National Organic Standards.
CALCIUM SULFATE – Cal-CM Plus Calcium Sulfate is a blend of two forms of Calcium Sulfate: Anhydrite and Dihydrate (gypsum).
Cal-CM Plus Calcium Sulfate
- Supplies essential calcium for cellular strength and plant vigor.
- May make 25%-96% more water available to plants depending on the soil type and soil management practices while simultaneously improving drainage through particle flocculation.
- Reduces excessive runoff and erosion.
- Fights nutrient tie-up, making many essential nutrients more available.
- Reduces and retards soil cracking and crusting
- Improves, amends and reclaims soils high in destructive sodium and magnesium that is present in low quality irrigation water and soil.
- Helps improve soil structure and decreases compaction, providing optimum air and water availability for plant root growth.
- Enhances positive bacterial action and discourages plant diseases related to poor soil aeration.
- Performs as an amendment, conditioner and fertilizer.
Calcium Sulfate + Iron (50%)
- Cal-CM Plus Calcium Sulfate + Iron (50%) is an all natural plant food source, with benefits that include the following:
- Contains 50% Iron, which promotes deep green color in turf and improved root structure.
- Essential in maintaining good levels of chlorophyll, which promotes optimum plant growth and reproduction.
- Contains 21% Calcium, for plant strength and soil conditioning.
- Improves soil structure, making water more available to plants.
- Promotes strong plant cell wall structure for better transport and retention of other elements to the plant.
- Contains 16% Sulfur, an essential plant food for production of protein.
- Promotes the development and activity of enzymes and vitamins.
- Helps in chlorophyll formation.
- Improves root growth and seed production.
- Helps with vigorous plant growth and resistance to cold.
- Cal-CM Plus Limestone products can be widely used to improve the fertility and functioning of productive soils as follows:
- Adjusts low pH levels.
- Neutralizes acidic soils, improving solubility of many essential plant nutrients influenced by soil pH.
- Features Rapid-Releases technology. The finely ground, uniform particle size is more rapidly released into the soil, which increases the availability of nutrients.
- Time of Application
- Causes a reduction in aluminum, which may be toxic and restrict root and associated top growth. Restricted root growth also reduces drought tolerance.
- Allows for more efficient use of fertilizer-supplied phosphorus (P). Aluminum, particularly at a low pH, is chemically active and combines with fertilizer phosphorus, causing it to become insoluble.
- Reduces leaching of potassium. On the soil’s exchange complex there are a limited number of sites that can hold nutrients such as potassium. When these sites are occupied by strongly attached aluminum (low pH), any potassium added in fertilizer is more susceptible to leaching.
- Supplies calcium, an essential plant nutrient.
Cal-CM Sulfate Calculator
Thank you for using the Cal-CM Sulfate Calculator. This is a simple and easy-to-use tool that will allow anyone to compare the calcium values and cost of usage between Cal-CM (with its 100% gypsum guarantee), and any other source of calcium sulfate. The Cal-CM Sulfate Calculator works equally well for comparing agricultural grade, prilled, or solution grade material. Once you input your specific information into the yellow shaded areas, a cost comparison and tonnage requirement will calculate automatically. You will be able to print this complete analysis for future reference.
One helpful hint: If you do not know or have readily available the “lbs. of calcium required per acre”, simply use the following formula for the calculation:
Example 1: If you usually use Gypsum A at a rate of 1 ton (2000 lbs.) per acre, and the calcium percentage of the gypsum is 17%, your calcium requirement per acre would be 2000 x .17= 340 lbs.
Example 2: If you usually use Gypsum B at a rate of 2.5 tons (5000 lbs.) per acre, and the calcium percentage of the gypsum is 14%, your calcium requirement per acre would be 5000 x .14= 700 lbs.
CLICK HERE to download the Cal-CM Sulfate Calculator as an Excel Workbook.